Gelatin has amazing healing properties. Traditionally gelatin has been consumed through the use of broths and soups that are cooked with bones. I am a big advocate for broths for this reason. Another great way to incorporate gelatin into your diet is by making some home-made jelly treats. They are a bit like gummy lollies. This is great if you have kids and want some treats that aren’t full of colouring, flavorings and preservatives.
Health benefits of gelatin include:
- Healthy hair, nails and skin
- Aids joint recovery
- Good for joint and bone health
- Soothes the digestive track and aids in healing the gut
- Aids digestion
- Helps you sleep
- 1 tablespoon of grass fed gelatin. I like Changing habits organic gelatin or the I Quit Sugar Grass fed Gelatin.
- 1 cup of juice / liquid. If you want less sugar mix with water or coconut water.
- Stevia to taste (optional)
- Juice vegetables or fruit so you get one cup of juice. In the picture I used orange juice and coconut water
- Gently heat half the juice on low heat. Add the gelatin and whisk until dissolved
- Add stevia to taste
- Pour into a Pyrex or silicon molds and allow to cool.
- Place in fridge for 4 hours until firmly set
- Eat – Serve with fresh fruit, shredded coconut and whatever else tickles your fancy.