This icy chocolaty goodness of a beverage is an excellent ‘pick me up’ that won’t have you experiencing a ‘sugar’ crash an hour later. The good fats from the coconut will keep you going and feel full and satisfied for the afternoon. The best bit is it’s actually good for you. You can drink this knowing that you are nourishing your body and feel good about having chocolate.
- 2 tablespoons of raw cacao powder ( FYI – I say raw cacao rather than cocoa powder as there are more nutritional benefits in the raw version however some people can be sensitive to the cacao)
- Flesh and water from one young coconut
- Stevia to taste ( I use organic liquid stevia or green powdered stevia )
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla essence
- Variations can include adding coffee ( make sure its real and organic), chai, maca powder, protein powder ( watch the quality) or gelatine.
- Variations – add some fresh mint leaves or a few drops of peppermint or orange essential oil, ginger or organic coffee
- Blend and serve and enjoy