Winter is coming and the slow cooker is in full swing in my house. Slow cooking in so great as its such an easy way to cook. Just chuck it in and leave it for 8 hours. Slow cooking your meat makes it more digestible plus you will have a few lunches from the left overs – as you can see from the picture above!
- 1.5-2kg of grass fed beef brisket – any cut of beef will do actually. But this one works well.
- 200g of tomato past
- 1 cup bone broth ( homemade stock) or a natural store-bought stock
- 1 tablespoon of good quality salt
- 2 tablespoons of tamari (organic soy sauce).Optional
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar (ACV)
- 1 tablespoon of paprika
- 1 tablespoon of cinnamon
- 2-3 tablespoons of rice malt syrup or honey ( depending on how much meat you have)
- 2 onions peeled and cut in half
- Place the spices , tomato paste , ACV and honey into the slow cooker and mix with spoon.
- Add the beef and roll it in the sauce
- add the bone broth
- chuck the onions in the bottom
- cook on low for 10-12 hours
- once cooked – remove meat from the cooker and shed as desired
- serve with sauce and lots of veg, mashed potato or mixed through a salad.